I have spent most of my life worrying and over thinking so many different things that have gone on in my life. I am 35 years old, will be 36 in a few months, and something occurred to me a couple nights ago when I could not sleep. I started to think of things that I would tell my younger self in hopes of my older self to live a better life. It is never too late to better your life. Some people use age as an excuse to not do things. It is never too late to try something different, to think differently, and to improve your life. If you start doing something positive today, it will better your life right away. So here is a list of some things I would tell my younger self in hopes that my younger self would listen so the rest of her life will be better.
1. Stop worrying so much! Worrying is pointless and it drains your energy.
2. Who cares what other people think of you. It only matters what you think of you.
3. Enjoy the moment. Don’t concentrate so much on the past or the future. What will be, will be.
4. A positive attitude can go a long way. Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.
5. Don’t judge others. You don’t know what other people are going through.
6. Pick out the positive in each situation. Don’t dwell on the negative.
7. Learn to let things go. Life doesn’t always go as planned, so let the “not so pleasant things in life” go.
8. Money is important, but not that important.
9. Having a few close friends is better than having no friends at all.
10. Don’t take things for granted.
11. You don’t have to forget, but learn to forgive.
12. Try something new. Get out of your comfort zone and do new things.
13. Exercise and eating right is important, but when you want pizza or a burger, eat it!
14. Accept yourself as you are. God made you for a reason, so don’t change who you are.
15. Family is most important.
Those are just a few things that I have learned over my 35 years of life on this planet. I am sure I could come up with many more, but those are the most important, in no particular order. One never stops learning. Your life keeps evolving. Most people don’t like change, but learn from the changes to improve your life. Life is hard sometimes, but life is worth it.