Everyday is a new beginning. Everyday we wake up, we have a chance to achieve something, learn something, try something new, go a different direction with our life, or continue on our intended path. Each new day is an opportunity to learn something. Each passing day is a chance for growth. We can either focus on improvement and the good in our life or we can waste each day given to us by focusing on the bad and completely ignoring life all together. I wish I would have started earlier in life regarding things I have learned throughout my life. I am not talking about things learned out of a textbook. I am talking about life lessons. I wish I would written these things down, read them over, and learned from them. However, it is never too late to start!
The following list is a continuation of life lessons learned:
1. You can’t change anyone but yourself
2. Everyone tells lies at some point in their life. Second chances are often worth it. Learn to trust again.
3. Giving is better than receiving.
4. Life is short. Tell people you love them, spend time with people who matter to you, and do what you love.
5. You will never learn it all, but never stop trying!
6. It is taking me longer than I expected to be the person I want to be.
7. We can keep on living even after we think we can’t.
8. Life can change in a matter of minutes, good or bad.
9. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. You always have a choice.
10. Change is the only constant thing.
Think about your own life and examine your own life lesson’s. You will be amazed on how much you write down and learn from what you write down. Add some humor to your list and don’t always focus on the serious side of life. Remember to keep your list going. This would be a good “hand me down” for future generations and others to learn from. What are your own lesson’s learned?